Enqueueing A Message

Enqueueing A Message

Enqueueing A Message 150 150 Carlos L Chacon

After restoring a SharePoint database to the development environment, I came across the following error, which would repeat every minute.

An exception occurred while enqueueing a message in the target queue. Error: 15404, State: 19. Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user ‘DomainUser’, error code 0x6e.

I saw a post about ensuring the SharePoint service account had the appropriate access and after verifying mine were good, I saw a suggestion to change the database owner.  While it seemed rather strange, I thought it would at least check the owners of all the databases. I used this query:

[sourcecode language=”sql”]SELECT name, suser_sname(owner_sid) FROM sys.databases[/sourcecode]

This lists all the databases and their owners and they all seemed good–A NULL in the second column would indicate an unresolved user; however, I went ahead and change them all to SA as there were various owners.

[sourcecode language=”sql”]USE DBX
EXEC sp_changedbowner ‘sa'[/sourcecode]

The error stopped occurring in the log and life resumed. 🙂

Imagine what’s possible with a dedicated SQL specialist on your team.

Leave a Reply

Back to top