How do you document your SQL Server environments? I can remember walking through Brent Ozar’s takeover script back in the day and how cumbersome it was to put all that information together. We have a few more options available to us now. In this episode, we discuss a listener question along with some options for doing server inventories. SQL Trail is coming on March 18th. Will we see you there?
- Building an inventory view of SQL Servers with dbatools.
- SQL Power Doc is a collection of Windows PowerShell scripts and modules that discover, document, and diagnose SQL Server instances and their underlying Windows OS & machine configurations.
- Inventory with nmap — Make sure to get approval for this!
Get your SQL Data Partners Podcast T-shirt!
Support the livestream here
Never Miss An Episode
Subscribe to get podcast notifications by email.
“Hi, I’m the first DBA this company’s ever had. Okay, where are the databases? Well, we know of these two instances. Good luck finding the rest of them.”
- Working with data in Excel is ok by us, but just remember what the database is doing for you.
- How are you leveraging dbatools to do server inventory?
- Content Management Server is a great way to organize your databases rather than just inventory them.
Leave a Reply
You must belogged in to post a comment.